Three Subgroups – One Network
Approximately 400 researchers working on women and gender studies are listed in the following groups:
- Professors (full and associated professors)
- Mid-level Academics
- Institutions of Gender Studies at universities of North Rhine-Westphalia (NRW) represent the third pillar of our network.
At the heart of the network are our "Network Professorships", which were established by the Ministry of Science of NRW between 1986 and 2016. These are professorships with gender denominations which are supported by the Ministry of Science and have been enlisted by their university under the condition of permanent integration of their gender denomination.
In addition, there are "Associated Professorships“, which are united by their focus on Gender Studies in their research and instruction. The majority of these professorships belong to Human and Social Sciences, followed by Language and Cultural Sciences.
Disciplines that are currently represented in our network are:
- Social, Economic and Legal Sciences (Sociology, Social Work, Political Science, Ethnology, Business Administration, Labour Science, Educational Science, Law)
- Human Discipline and Cultural Sciences (Philosophy, Theology, History, Art History, Cultural History, Literary Studies, Romance Languages and Literature, Japanese Studies, Media Studies, Journalism, Music Studies, Dance Studies, Theatre, Film and Television Studies, Design)
- Human Sciences (Medicine, Psychology, Health, Rehabilitation and Sport Studies)
- Engineering fields (Architecture, Constructional Engineering, Urban Planning, Spatial Planning, Mechanical Engineering).
Currently unrepresented disciplines are Mathematics and Natural Sciences.